Review of Golf du Touquet ‘La Foret’
The second course onsite at Golf du Touquet, is the older yet more accessible ‘La Foret’, the Forest course. Designed in 1904 by one of the fathers of golf course architecture, Horace G. Hutchinson, the course is laid out in a century old pine forest.
This is definitely the easier of the two Le Touquet Golf Club courses with some of the earlier holes being reasonably easy going on the golfer. But as the holes slowly become more enveloped by the pine trees, the course takes on a new character and becomes more challenging as well as more pleasurable to play.
The course is not long measuring just 5,774 metres, but certainly one all levels of golfers can enjoy with a Slope rating of 130. Similarly to the Golf du Touquet, La Mer course, you can benefit from Resident rates here by staying at either the elegant Hotel Westminster 4* in the Le Touquet town centre or the 3 star Le Manoir Hotel, a 1 minute walk from the first tee.
- Designer: Horrace G. Hutchinson
- 18 holes
- Par 71
- Length: 5,774 metres (6,315 yards)
- Slope 130
- Golf club website: http://www.opengolfclub.com/en/golfs/fiche/4/Golf-du-Touquet/29/Presentation
- Phone number: 03 21 06 28 00
- Address: Avenue du Golf, 62520, Le touquet Paris-Plage, France